Speech & Debate Contest
While PHOCOS and WRICOS are successfully implemented, these events make Silk-Road universities students experience about Silk-Road and grow up with outputs related to Silk-Road. In addition to these 2 events, Silk-Road Universities Network (SUN) has decided to hold the debate competition for SUN’s students as an annual event. This debate contest could be named as DECOS (Debate Contest of SUN).
DECOS aims to develop and demonstrate SUN’s students’ skills, as well as gain new competences and improve their knowledge in aspects regarding multiculturalism, economic development and, undoubtedly, the Silk-Road which its origins and relevance in the international horizon.
The DECOS procedure will be progressed in this way. First, each member universities will have pre-competition to organize the team entering the international competition. Secondly, each selected team apply for DECOS (Application deadline will be announced soon.). Then participating students will be gathered in the University of Burcharest in Romania and the Main Event will be progressed. Finally, in the Main Event, the winner will be prized and the DECOS is finished. Detail progress will be announced below contents.
The 2nd S-DECOS Contest 2020 of SUN
- The 2nd Speech and Debate Contest of SUN(Silk-Road Universities Network
- Hosted by
- Silk-Road Universities Network (SUN)
- Organized by
- SUN Secretariat
Plan for DECOS 2020
- DECOS is a ‘Team Competition’
- 1 team will be composed of 3 students and totally 16 teams (48 students) will participate in the Main Event.
- Each university may submit an application for only one team.
- The 16 temas of three students would be divided into 4 groups of 4 teams.
- 6 games are going to be played in each group. That is, each team would compete the other three teams in the group, in 3 sets of games.)
- Each set would have a motion that the first two would be announced motions selected by the Executive Council, and the third motion would be impromptu.
- DECOS will include the debate competition and also cultural events.
Apply for DECOS 2020
- (If any member university which would like to participate, then please send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DECOS official email address(email@example.com) or SUN official email address(firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Announcing the competition and the DECOS Rules:
- Deadline for applications for participating in the Main Event submitted to the Executive Council:
- Assessment of the applications by the Executive Council and announcement of the results:
- DAY 1
- Receiving the student guests at the airport.
- Transportation to University’s hotel
- The city tour
- DAY 2
- The city tour
- Lunch at the University’s eating hall
- Preparation for the competition
- Traditional Romanian dinner
- DAY 3
- Official opening of the Main Event of DECOS
- DECOS Main Event
- DAY 4
- Resuming competition: Second and final round
- Award Ceremony
- Closing dinner
- DAY 5
- Departure of the participants
History of S-DECOS
Yuliana Maria Reyes Trinidad
Hankuk university of foreign studies
|The number of countries and cities||4 cities in 4 countries|
|The number of universities||4 universities|
|The number of participants||13|