The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, signs Cooperation Agreement for the functioning of the European University with 7 more Universities - members of the EPICUR strategic alliance
Members of the EPICUR Steering Committee signed the Cooperation Agreement for the launch of the European University on Friday, January 10, 2020 in Strasbourg. The EPICUR Alliance Universities are:
- Université de Strasbourg, France
- Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Universität für Bodenkultur Wien, Austria
- Karlsruher Institut für Technologie, Germany
- Université de Haute-Alsace, France
- Uniwersytet Im. Adama Mickiewicza W. Poznaniou, Poland
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
EPICUR European University aims to develop a strong intercultural awareness among members of the alliance. The education provided will be supported by a physical, virtual and mixed presence, encouraging the free movement of students and teaching staff through innovative teaching and learning models at affiliated campuses.
The EPICUR goals are:
- Organizing a joint European undergraduate degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences with the participation of 8 partner universities.
- Strengthening the interconnection of curricula in the field of European languages. In particular, it is envisaged to promote the idea of a multilingual University, which will, inter alia, enhance the teaching of different European languages.
- The creation of a virtual inter-university environment among the 8 partner universities. To this end, a learning platform based on modern education models will be piloted.
- Enhance cooperation with social partners, private companies and university networks.
- The creation of outreach actions to expand the involvement of the academic community in EPICUR.
The EPICUR partnership represents a total of 307,000 students and 40,000 staff members working in the Alliance's member universities.