|2015 Inaugural General Assembly of the SUN||
●THEME : Renaissance of Silkroadia
●DATE : 21,AUG,2015 ~ 23,Aug,2015
●VENUE : Hyundai Hotel, Gyeongju, Repulic of Korea
● Summary of Events
- Flag performance
- Keynote speech.
②Adoption of Articles of Association & Election of Chairman and Board President of General Assembly, Director Universities, Secretary General and other Executives.
③Presentation of CI, Celebratory performance by the Silkroadia Orchestra
- Approval of chairpersons and executives for the International Association of Silk-Road Studies (IASS)
- Adoption of the founding declaration
- Ceremony to bestow honorary doctorate on Provincial Governor Kim Gwang-yong by the National University of Mongolia.
● UPSUN (The United President of SUN)
- Total of 73 participants form 19 nations, 38 universities participated in the workshop.
- Lecture by president of the Korea Development Institute (KDI)
- Workshop on the significance of founding SUN and Direction of future operations and projects.
● IASS (The International Association for Silk-Road Studies)
- Total of 73 researchers and scholars engaged in Silk-Road Studies form 18 countries, 46 universities and institutions.
- Inaugural General Assembly : Adoption of Articles of Association & Election of first and next presidents.
- Academic symposium : Academic presentations and discussions on the concept and significance of the Silk-Road, Transaction among Silk-Road civilizations, Urban culture and arts in the Silk-Road.
● USSUN (The United Students of the Silk-Road Universities Network)
- Total of 47 participants form 15 countries, 21 universities
- Inaugural General Assembly : Adoption of Articles of Association & Election of chairman and executives
--> Chairman : Nurzhamal Shabazova (Kazakhstan, Kazakh Institute of Management Economics and Strategics Research under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan) (KIMEP)
--> Vice-Chairs (Consisting of one vice chairperson for eachof four participating regions)